Dr. Douglas Cameron
Dr. Cameron graduated from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto after obtaining a Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Kinesiology from the University of Waterloo.
Dr. Cameron has been in practice in Cambridge since 2000 and continues to see a wide range of patients including families, seniors and athletes.
Having a clinical interest in biomechanics, Dr. Cameron has a very functional approach to treatment. Treatment goals are, specifically, to reduce pain, to increase function and to prevent dysfunction. This may mean optimum athletic performance for one individual or enjoyment of leisure activities and hobbies for another. Either way, Dr. Cameron's skills are ideally suited to achieve these goals.
Dr. Cameron has been fully certified as an Active Release Techniques provider and in this capacity, has provided care at the USA Ironman competition in Lake Placid. In pursuit of improving his clinical competency in treatment and diagnosis, Dr. Cameron has taken courses in:
- Back Rehabilitation;
- Active Release Techniques (myofascial release)
- Current concepts in back stabilization;
- Shoulder injury diagnosis and rehabilitation;
- Chiropractic care for disc patients;
Dr. Cameron is also part of a team of chiropractors providing chiropractic care at the Lang's Community Health Centre in Cambridge on a volunteer basis.
When Dr. Cameron is not providing chiropractic care you may find him coaching soccer or cross country skiing. He is an avid soccer and hockey player and has been known to attempt the odd sprint triathalon. Dr. Cameron is a long-standing member, past-treasurer and a past-president of the Rotary Club of Cambridge North.
Dr. Cameron maintains membership and affiliation in the following organizations:
- College or Chiropractors of Ontario
- Ontario Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Waterloo Region Chiropractic Society
- Rotary Club of Cambridge North
- Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business